Click the play button to hear the student directions.
Students: These are all of the things students your age in Michigan are supposed to learn about rhythm!
Teachers: The following Grade Level Content Expectations are standards about rhythm from the Michigan Merit Curriculum.
- ART.M.I.2.7 Expand the complexity of patterns.
- ART.M.I.2.9 Use a system to read quarter notes and rests, eighth notes, and half notes.
- ART.M.II.2.1 Create through exploration, improvisation, and composition, rhythmic and melodic ostinati accompaniments.
- ART.M.II.2.2 Create through exploration, improvisation, and composition, answers that are rhythmic and melodic.
- ART.M.II.2.3 Create through exploration, improvisation, and composition, rhythmic variations for a familiar song.
- ART.M.III.2.2 Use invented or standard notation to transcribe increasingly difficult rhythms and melodies.
Michigan Merit Curriculum: Standards, Benchmarks, and Grade Level Content Expectations- Visual Arts, Music, Dance, and Theatre