Click the play button to hear the student directions.
Students: These are all of the things students your age in Michigan are supposed to learn about rhythm!
Teachers: The following Grade Level Content Expectations are standards about rhythm from the Michigan Merit Curriculum.
- ART.M.I.3.1 Use developmentally appropriate singing voice, sing melodies accurately, and physically demonstrate macro and micro beat.
- ART.M.I.3.6 Play rhythmic and chordal ostinati and melodies.
- ART.M.I.3.7 Expand the complexity of patterns.
- ART.M.I.3.9 Use a system to read quarter notes and rests, eighth notes, half notes, and whole notes.
- ART.M.II.3.1 Create through exploration, improvisation, and composition, rhythmic and melodic ostinati accompaniments.
- ART.M.II.3.2 Create through exploration, improvisation, and composition, answers that are rhythmic and melodic.
- ART.M.III.3.2 Use invented or standard notation to transcribe increasingly difficult rhythms and melodies.
Michigan Merit Curriculum: Standards, Benchmarks, and Grade Level Content Expectations- Visual Arts, Music, Dance, and Theatre